Thursday, April 29, 2010

forgive me for I have sinned


Forgive me father for I have sinned.  It has been 25 years since my last confession and I humbly admit that this afternoon I cracked and scoffed three vegan pancakes.   It was a premeditated sin, requiring me to bike ride to the shop for flour, sift and stir, ignite the gas and watch with glee as the batter bubbled like a crumpet. Some people snort coke or drink gin; I make pancakes.  

I drenched mine in lemon juice, honey and ginger marmalade.  Oh my, the sweet joys.  A lack of fruit drove me to this deviation.  The bananas and papaya we have are rock hard, and the only sweet things in the house are royal icing cake decorations!  After lunch I tried brushing my teeth, raking the yard, swimming; but still the burning desire for sugar remained.  The addicted monkey mind wouldn't let go.


 For the record, here is the recipe.  I substituted coconut cream & water for soy milk :


Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
2 C flour
1 t bi-carb soda
1 t baking powder
1 C coconut cream
1 C water
1 t lemon juice
1 T honey


Sift together flour, soda & baking powder. 
Combine coconut cream, water, honey and lemon juice.
Add wet mix to dry and whisk.
Cook in a non-stick pan to your desired size (makes 5 large pancakes)
Enjoy with a smile.

 

2 comments:

  1. um arh!!! busted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sally, i have just been cruising through your blog and am loving your relaxed life there. Now i have more of a picture in my head as to what it looks like.
    I hear about green smoothies and yet to have one, funny how i comment on this post, being the sweet pancake one! Oh no.... i think i am going to give this recipe a go.
    Enjoying your blog, thanks for sharing.x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...