Thursday, August 4, 2011

take no prisoners


critical duckdives made
boards creased, broken & lost
leg ropes snapped
three times overhead, four out the back
as many spectators in the channel as surfers in the water


I watched the action from the safety of the shoulder, waiting with my shutter finger to capture Aquaman pulling into a screamer...but then I had to leave for a morning tea date.  He caught the very next wave. What kind of a dedicated water wife am I?

I caught up with him later over a green power smoothie and he had this to say about the session :
"We have had a couple of teaser swells earlier in the season, but this was our first bit of a giggle.
Much appreciated. Lets you know you're alive."


How was your day in the office?

4 comments:

  1. One word for this story: WICKED! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    Looks like the swell they've all been waiting for this season.
    Awesome shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!! Currently having post traumatic stress disorder flashbacks...and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard about this! That's huge!! I thought i would learn to surf there...not in this, no way!
    ;)
    Look at the grin on Aqua man's face !

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...