Wednesday, June 6, 2012

becca & axel's garden


Becca and Axel are a young couple that have grown up in Bali to European parents, and embraced voluntary simplicity even younger than myself and Aquaman. They live ten kilometres south of us over a very rough road that doubles as a ditch in the wet season and a rocky dust bowl in the dry. Their small house is tucked into a hillside with sweeping ocean views and fertile red soil. They are fortunate to have none of the hermit crab and gutless sand challenges of us down here at sea level, and have established an eclectic garden of herbs, flowers and veggies.  It is a favourite morning outing to borrow a motorbike and bounce down the road for a fresh plunger of coffee and a poke around the pots. Last week I took a few cuttings and have been gifted some seeds, so let's see if I can get some floral action at our place.  I'm not one for laying about in hammocks - they are an overrated icon of the tropical island dream that make me sea sick - but I I have been known to make a short exception on Axel's verandah as the morning rays tickle my cheeks. 


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the cuttings Becca and Axel's place looks heaven!
    Carla x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...