Friday, October 15, 2010

shabby chic shack


No surface is safe from my paintbrush and a tickle of white paint.  I recently gave the shabby chic treatment to our bookshelf and the louvers, and the living space is now unified, bright and serene.  An absolute pleasure to reside in.  


When I put my stirring stick into the new paint bucket I thought I had discovered a major mixup at the paint factory - why is there is a glass in with the paint?  Did the assembly line worker drop his drink?  In small print on the front I found the "free glass inside" logo.  I don't know what the health department in Australia would have to say about this.  Dulux take note.


The paint is cheap Indonesian acrylic, little more than titanium dioxide in water.   I mix  it 3:1 with water and slap it on cheerfully.  When it is touch-dry I wipe the surface with a damp cloth to knock back the colour and let some of the teak wood show through. 


Bo Diddley's feeding tray doubled as a paintbrush rester.  I love the tough yet pretty enamel crockery available from the local market for a song.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...