Monday, June 13, 2011

you take the high road


There isn't a day go by where I don't immerse myself in the lagoon.  Sometimes, just a cooling dip; at others times a test of my strength against the current.  I follow footpaths through the sea grass, suspended above the narrow highways, and swim the length of the sand patches, as clear and vast as a pool.  Thoughts are few; my mind calm with the rhythmic pull and kick, my eyes watching for the occasional glint of fish.  I cherish the freedom, the opportunity to preserve the splashing child within, the simple joy of moving forward quietly with my own power.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sally & Tom!

    Loving your thoughtful words and photographs Sally. And Tom, the spot on the hill, what a little paradise! So beautiful how it all turned out. Was catching up on your blog this a.m., day dreaming sweetly, and almost made myself late for work. Thanks for the mini vacation :) Jen

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...